I’ll be honest. I love weddings. I just do. Seems odd for a dude, but weddings are a blast.
You’re with people you generally like or love.
There’s music. And food.
At my wedding, there were grown men doing knee slides across the dance floor. That’s my father-in-law in the picture above. From what I’m told, the party really got going after we left.
The more I go to weddings, the more I understand why Jesus has his first miracle at the wedding in Cana. It makes sense right? What an awesome way for Jesus to enter the scene – in a time of amazing celebration. Everytime I’m at a wedding, I always think of this story. He didn’t heal someone, He didn’t bring someone back from the dead. He revealed His glory and continued the celebration of union.
The other day, I came across this wedding recap video. I don’t know the people in it. I know the guy that made it, and that’s about it.
I had a few thoughts while watching it:
– I’m always inspired by great creations. This is a great video.
– There are few moments that well up as much joy as you see in this video. They’re worth it.
– Someday, we will greatly miss the way we used to build churches.
– Good music is always good music.
– People want to dance. They just need a place and an excuse.
– It’s always interesting to watch the father of the bride.
– Someday I’m going to be the father of the bride; I’ve got a daughter on the way. That pretty well wrecked me.
My .02 for the day.